Friday, June 29, 2007

sweet 23


I said it before and I'll say it again...never underestimate the value of Thursday night partying.

Last night I made my first-ever trip to Suite 23, the bar that's technically part of the Mediterranean Cafe (5300 Sidney Simons Blvd., Columbus). But it's also kind of its own entity.

Basically I had the best night of my entire life. You'll get all the details in next week's bar profile, but for now I'll leave you with one word: hooka. 'Nuff said.

But I'll say more.

Hit Suite 23 if you're looking to try something new this weekend. You likely won't be disappointed. It's moderately upscale, though, so think twice before sporting that wife beater. Guys should wear a polo or dress shirt. Ladies, meanwhile, should flaunt something somewhat revealing, yet in good taste.

Drinks, surprisingly, aren't too expensive. Martinis are $7, while most mixed drinks average $6.

Sweet!