Monday, June 11, 2007

weekend recap

Happy Monday, everyone.

Had an eventful weekend that I wish would've lasted one day longer. Highlights included the grand opening of ULTA -- if you haven't been there, you need to go -- as well as my discovery of a new Columbus restaurant. Saturday, I had dinner at Hibachi Express, the new Japanese place right next to Chef Lee's on Bradley Park Drive.

Initially, I was apprehensive -- three letters: MSG -- and my anxiety increased when I noticed one of the servers was wearing a John Deere hat. John Deere + Teriyaki = risky business.

Still, my chicken teriyaki bowl was pretty damn excellent, and I'll definitely be back soon. Call 706-571-8887 for details.

On the nightlife front, I visited After 5, the new club at 3709 Gentian Blvd. Right now, they're technically open on a trial basis, and they'll be hosting their official grand opening this weekend. I won't give away too many details -- you'll read the whole story in Thursday's To Do -- but I will note that there will be male strippers on Friday. Just saying.

Also, I learned that the venue formerly known as the 4th Quarter is now open as a new hot spot called Plush, even though the sign outside still says 4th Quarter. That is SO Columbus.

Finally, I made an appearance downtown on both Friday and Saturday, and came back with some additional reflections on military guys. Stay tuned for an in-depth post later this week.

The Monday Moan will come shortly...