Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Hope everyone has a great holiday -- whether your day is spent opening presents, chilling with the fam or crying over sappy diamond commercials. (Been there, done that.)

I've always been somebody who doesn't get truly excited about Christmas until the day of the holiday.

I usually spend the time prior to Dec. 25 stressing, complaining and wondering if the gift-giving debt I incurred will force me to take up a side job at a local strip club. (Just kidding, Mom.)

But then -- sometimes even if you're spending the holiday alone -- you hit a moment on Christmas when you realize the human capacity for excellence.

And you vow to take that sense of awe, move it beyond its seasonal confines, and make it a part of your daily life.

Thanks, everyone, for the support and constructive criticism -- two of the best gifts I've ever received.

Oh, and don't forget about the ugly sweater contest Saturday at The Oasis, 1107 Broadway.