Monday, December 7, 2009

Pictures of you

Remember the previous entry, where I posted a whopping FIVE photos documenting my trip to Chicago? That kind of photographic documentation is rare.

Even though I have a pretty sweet digital camera, I spend most of my life saying, "Man, I wish I would have taken some pictures last night."

I've never been a big photo person.

Which is why, upon entering the workforce, I was amazed by the co-workers who decorate their desks with framed snapshots intricately documenting every stage of coupledom.

Here, a Glamour blogger weighs the pros and cons of setting up a photo "shrine" for your romantic relationship.

Many people say technology has heightened their willingness to snap and post photos. It's had an opposite effect on me.

I constantly worry about being forced with the arduous task of removing couple photos from Facebook post-breakup. Then, I think about all the lazy afternoons I've spent perusing mere acquaintances' digital photo albums.

These are often people I haven't spoken to in years. But in flipping through their digital snapshots, I'm somehow able to craft their entire life stories -- shortcomings included -- without words.

Friend stalking is fun when you're sitting in the driver's seat, but I wouldn't be thrilled if our roles were reversed.