Wednesday, March 14, 2007

eat this


I'm finally feeling better, thankfully. Last night, however, I struggled with a pretty violent bout of stomach knots prior to falling asleep. In an attempt to doze off quickly, and with sweet dreams, I asked myself a simple question: What is the one thing I could eat right now that would make me feel all better?


The answer came instantly. A burrito from Chipotle.


Chipotle is my most favorite restaurant ever, and it's a passion I developed years before discovering equally seductive pleasures like Krystal, Four Winds and even Steak 'n Shake. Yes, I'm now officially a greasy burger addict, but Chipotle is where I'll always have my food allegiance. I feel like I lost my stomach virginity to that place or something.


Pretty much nothing in the entire world makes me happier than Chipotle. In fact, a year ago I started simply calling it Potle. We're that close. I love those burritos so much, and anyone familiar with my voracious appetite probably won't be surprised to learn that I've been known to order two or three burritos per sitting. I'm a total heifer.


The most unfortunate thing, however, is that it's been all of six months since my last vegetarian burrito from Chipotle. That's because the nearest location is in Atlanta, which is an hour and a half away from me. So anyone lives even remotely close to a Potle, please eat a burrito (or five) and think of me tonight. Or, better yet, mail me one. I'll eat it. Seriously.