Thursday, March 22, 2007

what's going on this weekend?

Tonight, my friends and I are heading to Broad Street Blues in Phenix City to see Peggy Jenkins and the Rythm Roosters. If you guys haven't been there yet, I'd strongly encourage you to check it out. The club, which is relatively new, is a nice departure from downtown's options. And the margaritas are stellar.

I'm going to be in Atlanta on Friday and half of Saturday, but if you're looking for something to do I'd recommend Soho Bar & Grill as one of your best bets. Friday, they host Ross Childress Experience, a band whose frontman served as Collective Soul's lead guitarist for 10 years. Saturday, they host Rehab, and the show is supposed to be packed as usual.

Other picks? This afternoon, I saw Oxygen's having a bikini contest Friday. Score. If you're looking for something of a tamer genre, I'd suggest hitting Belloo's, the martini bar at 900 Front Ave. in Columbus. Once you get past the drink prices (martinis average $11 each), it's a lot of fun. I went last Friday and one of the bartenders created a new drink just for me. Ask for a berry -- or barry -- white.

It was my first, my last, my everything.