Friday, March 9, 2007

one more thing...


Forgot to wish everyone a good weekend. My weekend is going to be packed, first with an impromptu visit tonight from my dad (who lives in California). Hopefully I'll be able to show him a good time. Platinum Club, anyone?
Just kidding.

Also on the agenda is my friend Amanda's bachelorette party. Aside from a last-minute trip to Starship (my dad will likely be sitting that one out), the festivities are good to go and I'm pretty psyched. Except for the fact that I'm going to miss Amanda -- and her cheerleading mix, her take on the running man and her unrivaled journalistic talents -- when she leaves C-town in a matter of weeks. Still, I guess that's part of growing up, and I envy her husband-to-be Wade for his future ability to share many special moments with her against the musical backdrop of Enrique Iglesias' "Hero."
Anyway, make sure to say "hi" if you see us cruising the streets of downtown.

Have a vacant weekend calendar? Check out my weekend picks at the Ledger's homepage. I also strongly recommend paying a visit to the Shanty Shack, where my friends and I partied last weekend. It was also the subject of this week's column.

TGIF.