Friday, March 30, 2007

i am a heifer (or at least i ate one)




In high school, the obligatory mean girl clique used to always spread rumors that my unusually small waistline was a result of an eating disorder.

I wish they could have been at lunch with me today.

I went to Four Winds (464 Ga. 26 in Cusseta, 706-989-3401) with my co-workers Brad and Allison. The place is known for its Ranger Burger, one pound of beef paired with add-ons like lettuce, pickles, ham, bacon and onions. There are also upgrades that feature everything from onion rings to fried pickles. Mmmm.

Anyway, I'd been twice before, and devoured the Ranger Burger -- and fries -- with no trouble. It felt good, but I always came home with a sinking realization that I'd hit a plateau. So this time, I knew I had no choice but to order the Marine Burger, a 1.5-lb. burger that's not even on the menu. It comes with cheese, ham, bacon, tomatoes, pickles, lettuce and onions. And don't forget the fries and sweet tea.
Honestly, at first I didn't know if I'd be able to do it. Fortunately, I got an inspirational phone call this morning from my mom in California. Her exact words? "Sonya, you can eat anything."

And I did. I never really had the urge to vomit, but the most difficult part by far was the fact that there was just so much beef. Consequently, I couldn't polish off my plate as quickly as usual. I felt bad that I delayed Brad and Allison an extra 20 minutes just so I could finish my fries.

Nonetheless, they got to witness history in the making. The cashier said that while other women may have ordered the Marine in the past, she thought I was the only woman to finish it.

I really wish I would have gotten my pic on the wall or something, but beggars -- especially really full ones -- can't be choosers, right?

Thank God for my amazing metabolism. At least temporarily. I can't wait until I wake up and realize I actually weigh 537 lbs. Mmm...obesity.

OK, now I'm off to Red Robin for dinner. Oh, and thanks so much for taking the pics, Brog.