Monday, March 26, 2007

flaunt it


By now you probably have little faith in my proclamation of "best weekend ever," since I used the same phrase to describe the two days I spent drugged-up, immobile and malnourished while suffering from a kidney infection.


But this weekend really was something to write home about. OK, maybe not, since the highlight of my Friday night in Atlanta was visiting the Clermont Lounge, the area's first and longest continually operating strip club. You may have seen it on an episode of "Insomniac with Dave Attell" on Comedy Central, and it's reportedly frequented by celebs like Kid Rock and Jon Stewart.


It's a dodgy place where strippers put their own music on the jukebox and approach the stage with Wal-Mart backpacks. Not to mention the 60-year-old dancer who took the stage right before we rallied out. Totally appealing, right? In fact, one of the Clermont's official commandments is "Thou shalt not speak ill of the dancers." The lounge's MySpace reads, "She may not be your media-influenced idea of mainstream beauty, but she has ears and feelings. Do we have to go to YOUR job and tell you that you're incompetent AND ugly?"


Hot.


But my weekend fun extended to Columbus as well. Saturday, I hit Savana's, and was once again impressed by their DJ. Downtown on the whole seemed packed again, and I saw a line of people outside Big City Club. I also stopped at Locos Amigos Cantina. If you guys haven't tried salsa dancing there on Saturdays, I highly recommend it. It's just a $1 cover, and the place is usually packed. You'll be getting your Rico Suave groove on in no time. Bailar, bitches.


Finally, I couldn't make it to NerdaCon, but I did just check out the photos online. Believe me, these are visual images not to be missed. Best. Super heroes. Ever. And one very hot guy in a sumo outfit. Click here.


Happy Monday. Drop me a note and tell me about your weekend.