Monday, March 19, 2007

st. pat's reviews


After what seemed to be a two-month period of hibernation, somebody finally resuscitated downtown Columbus back to life Saturday night.

There were lines. Everywhere. Lines to actually get in, and not just at the bathrooms. From what I hear, every bar did well, and I'm still getting over the night's energy. My friends and I chose The Uptown Tap as our destination of choice, and opted to dance in the courtyard for the majority of the night.

My only complaints? First, I wish it would have been a little more populated out there. But it was cold, and I'm surprised the night generated as much success as it did, given the fact that most women went for the sleveless dress genre. Hot, but cold...if you know what I mean.

Also, this seems a little minor, but I was a little mad about the foot-long "frozen treat" I got courtesy of my friend Phil at the Tap. It was delicious, but came served with a standard-size straw that prevented me from guzzling the ice at the bottom of the cup. Think ahead, people.

All in all, the night was HUGE, and I'm still amazed at the appeal St. Pat's has here. This was 75 times bigger than what I saw even on New Year's Eve, and if you didn't go out, you should have.

Here's to hoping that appeal extends beyond a holiday in which the calendar dictates your ability to get lucky.

Happy Monday. Oh, and this is the last cheesy clover picture I'll post for a year. I promise.