Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Who's afraid of Tyra Banks?



I am.

It's amazing how "America's Next Top Model" has become a vehicle for tracking Tyra Banks' fury, rather than a competition for fashion front-runners. I watch the clip above on nights when I want Ms. Banks in my nightmares.

Still, I can't turn away from the reality TV competition, especially since two of its finalists went to my high school and one of its winners went to my college.

Auditions for Cycle 14 of "Top Model" come to Columbus Saturday. There's a casting call at Game Link, 6361 Talokas Lane in Columbus.

It's noon-5 p.m. Game Link is in Billings Crossing Plaza (adjacent to Gateway Wal-Mart).

Auditions are open to females 18-27 who are 5-foot-7 or taller. Participants should bring an application and three photos to the event.

Download an application here.