Wednesday, July 15, 2009

You're doomed

If you need another reason to believe your relationship is bound to fail, Jezebel refers us to this handy little Doomed Relationship Chart.

It accurately describes the course of many relationships. My favorite part? An argument over foreign policy that ultimately leads to a breakup.

The line got me thinking about how many seemingly insignificant discussions often serve as the jumping off point for a relationship's demise.

For example, I once knew a couple who broke up over alleged trickery during a game of Uno. Just plain Uno. Not even Uno Attack.

Sure, you can argue that the fight really had nothing to do with Uno at all, but still...I'd rather end my relationship over a genuine emotional discussion rather than a fight over who should win "So You Think You Can Dance."

What's the stupidest breakup-inducing fight you've had?