Monday, January 25, 2010

The shame game

How far would you go to shame an ex who hurt you?

I thought about the question after reading this article about a woman who bought billboards after the married man she'd been dating for almost 9 years decided to work things out with his wife.

The billboards featured the mistress posing with the married guy -- right beside quotations like, "You are my soulmate forever!"

I had a friend who learned her boyfriend was cheating -- and then promptly sent a letter to his family detailing his relationship failings.

Shame has never been a big post-breakup priority for me.

Being bad at relationships doesn't necessarily make someone a bad person, and it's a little unfair to make a public issue of what's supposed to be a bedroom matter.

Then again, don't ask me how many billboard slogans I've devised -- in case of emergency, of course.