Wednesday, October 8, 2008

drunk missives

Gmail has this new tool, "Mail Goggles," to prevent you from sending that sappy, alcohol-inspired e-mail.

Enable the application and you'll be asked to solve some math problems before the e-mail goes through, thus highlighting any sobriety problems.

What a great idea. I think every girl has received an emotional, feelings-laden e-mail from an otherwise detached guy -- and then watched him be clueless at any mention of the note the next morning.

I try to resist an urge to drink and type. Having no Internet at home definitely helps.

When I do send such e-mails, however, I try to convince myself that I'm just expressing my real, "Dawson's Creek"-inspired emotions.

And that I probably wouldn't be able to solve those Gmail math problems while sober, anyway.