Wednesday, October 15, 2008

gender lessons with beyonce



Thank God it took the friendly McDonald's employees six minutes to make my two McChicken sandwiches last night. Otherwise, I might not have been able to hear the new Beyonce song, "If I Were A Boy," while waiting in the drive-thru.

Let me tell you how much I love this song: a lot.

Basically the whole premise of the video is that a guy and his girlfriend switch places for a day and he realizes how awful it feels to be taken for granted. My favorite scene in the music video is when she makes him breakfast and he just scarfs down the food without even thanking her.

I think probably every girl in the world has wanted a guy to feel the sting that comes with feeling unappreciated like that.

OK, ladies...what did Beyonce forget? What would you do if you were a boy for a day?