Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Bad engagement photos

Please destroy this blog if I ever post a photo that includes an oak tree, a fiance and matching polo shirts.

Why? Because that means I've committed one of my biggest relationship sins: succumbing to the lure of engagement photos.

I don't have a ring on my finger.

But that doesn't preclude me from having nightmares about engaging in a faux game of peek-a-boo while a photographer offers an encouraging "smile!" in the background.

I first learned of engagement photos via Facebook, when there appeared to be a deluge of relationship bliss among my college friends.

Before I knew it, albums seemed to appear every day. There never was just one, either.

Users would post "Engagement Pics 1," followed by "Engagement Pics 2," followed by "Last Engagement Pics...I Swear!"

Then, just when you think it's over, the phantom finale appears: "Oops...I Forgot to Post These."

I don't oppose the concept behind engagement photos. They just always look so cheesy.

Honestly, how often does the average couple really coordinate outfits and link hands under a gazebo?

AND WHY IS THERE ALWAYS AN OAK TREE INVOLVED?

For answers to those questions, check out this gallery of awesomely bad engagement photos.

Remember: The instant I blog about buying matching sweaters for a Saturday photo shoot, just say "cheesy."

(via The Frisky)