Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Relationship lessons from TV

Trust me, I know all about romantic relationships: I watch Antonio Sabato Jr.'s reality dating show.

Is the line convincing? Depends who you ask.

With the influx in dating-centered TV shows, it's likely most of us have sculpted at least some of our attitudes toward love from prime-time programming.

The thought hit me while I watched Tuesday's finale of "More to Love," a plus-size reality TV show that concluded with the female winner assuring curvy girls that, yes, they really can find love.

The show occasionally fell into the trip of cheesy reality TV, but at rare times it really did offer a genuine glimpse into the way we navigate physical perception in relationships.

There's more.

Here, YourTango lists five life and love lessons from "The Office."

Cosmopolitan details love lessons from "Sex and the City."

Which TV show has most affected your view of relationships? Why?