Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I love you, too

Hope everybody had a great Labor Day weekend. I capped off the holiday by eating dinner at Cheddar's and watching a "Gossip Girl" rerun. Yes, I am living the high life.

Anyway, I'm glad I caught the "Gossip Girl" episode because it was last season's finale.

The show closed with an especially anticipated moment: Chuck Bass finally reciprocated Blair's feelings and said "I love you, too."

I thought the scene was pretty sweet. I would have been bawling had I not been in the company of a certain viewing partner.

But Chuck's attempt at romantic prowess didn't wow everyone.

The Frisky argues Chuck misses the mark by including a "too" in his first "I love you." Here's why:

Adding the “too” is fine every once in a while, but it’s definitely not cool the first time someone says it. The “too” takes the emphasis off how they feel about you, and it reinforces how you feel about them.

Agree or disagree?