Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Just say yes

For the second day in a row, I'm posting a discussion question inspired by a CW show. Expect only the greatest sources of inspiration here, folks.

So I caught Tuesday's series premiere of the revamped "Melrose Place." Read my review of the show here.

In one scene, a guy proposed to a girl he'd been dating for five years. Instead of the traditional ecstatic response, she said she needed time to think. In her defense, the "Melrose" crew discovered a dead body shortly after the proposal.

At the end of the show, crisis was averted. She finally said "yes."

Still, the scene got me thinking: Could you marry someone who didn't accept your proposal immediately?

Yes, I know everyone hesitates under pressure. Everyone messes up.

But if I proposed to someone, and it took him a full day to accept, I'd forever worry he'd change his mind later in the relationship.

Thoughts?