Friday, October 23, 2009

Halloween: When to quit


Beware the extreme Halloween enthusiast.

Her vocabulary has no tolerance for words like "cheesy" and "over the top." She considers candy corn a well-balanced meal.

I have no problem with holiday enthusiasts. I'm just saying...know your limits.

Take, for example, the devil maternity costume featured above.

Is that really necessary?

I'm all for equal opportunities.

However, I wouldn't feel entirely comfortable looking at my future child and saying, "No, honey, I wasn't at Lamaze class on the night before you were born. I was walking around dressed like a sexy devil."

Embrace the Halloween spirit, heed my suggestions and pick up a cool costume this weekend.

Just remember: You can wash your mummy makeup away. Embarrassing Facebook photos are a different story.

(Photo via SpiritHalloween.com)