Monday, October 12, 2009

Miley Cyrus leaves Twitter

Ah, parting is such sorrow.

Which is why I'm posting a pre-farewell status update, a few hundred bulletins warning you of my departure and a YouTube video telling you I'm going away.

That's apparently how you say goodbye to your favorite social networking site.

Here, Miley Cyrus raps about leaving Twitter -- a move driven by a decision to keep her private life private.

Because nothing screams "privacy" like rapping about your deepest emotions online.

I have yet to say goodbye to a social networking account. The one most susceptible to elimination is probably MySpace.

If I ever decide to leave the MySpace world, I'll do it privately -- with a simple point and click, rather that a slew of "hey guys, I'm really going to leave this time" bulletins.

Does a canceled social networking account require a formal announcement?

Please, you're just not that important.

Even you, Miley Cyrus.

Tell me: Have you ever said goodbye to MySpace, Facebook or Twitter? If so, how did you do it?