Tuesday, May 29, 2007

happy tuesday, gorgeous!

Even though I entered the weekend with relatively low expectations -- minus all claims of "best weekend EVER" -- I pretty much had the most spectacular three days of my entire life.

First, I have to tell you guys about my night on the town Friday. So I went downtown alone, in hopes of making some new friends and unwinding after an especially stressful week at work. My first stop? Oxygen, where I took a spot as the sole dancer on the ladies-only dance floor. While I was dancing, I couldn't help but notice a couple who was exhibiting some especially dirty dancing. You know, the usual hip gyrations and the "Is that a cell phone in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" stuff.

Midway through their dancing, the male half of the pair gestured toward me and asked me to dance. I stared at his girl quizzically, after which the guy responded, "Oh, she's like my sister."

Um...Alabama, anyone?

Second story...at approximately 1 a.m., I made my final stop of the night. I was having a great time until these two guys invaded my table. I talked to them just to be nice, and in hopes of getting a cool column idea. But they were just weird. And very touchy-feely. So I escaped into the bathroom and guzzled my drink, looking for an excuse to get out of the club ASAP. One of the girls in the bathroom asked what I was doing, and I told her about the two guys. Just as I finished the story, a girl came out of the stall and was like, "I know those guys. They just got out of jail."

I automatically sprinted back to my car. Good stories?