Tuesday, May 22, 2007

psst...


Happy Tuesday, everybody.

I just found this article about what are allegedly the top five secrets you should keep from your partner. They are as follows:

5. "You don't turn me on right now."

4. "I flirt with others at work."

3. "I can't stand your friends."

2. "I still think about my ex."

1. "I can't live without you."

Agree? Disagree? What, if any, level of secrecy do you think is expected in a romantic relationship? I remember a guy friend of mine wouldn't even help throw his girlfriend a surprise birthday party because he said it violated their "no secrets" rule. I thought that was pretty bizarre.

But seriously...the rising emphasis on communication makes secrets seem even more taboo. Yet I'd be curious to find out if certain subjects are still off-limits for couples. Is it acceptable to never state how many people you've slept with in the past?