Friday, May 18, 2007

TGIF TGIF TGIF TGIF


Hey guys...sorry for the late post today. My thoughts have been on tonight's fashion show, which -- insert shameless self-promotion here -- begins at 8 p.m. on Broadway. It's is part of the Uptown Concert Series. The event features the Old School Band and Ed Cox and the Tender Blenders. Held from 7 to 11 p.m. on the new stage on the 1100 block of Broadway, it's free.

Am I nervous? Not really. Probably the No. 1 thing on my mind is negotiating the quasi-runway in my new plastic stripper heels. HOT.

Last night was fun...started off with dinner at Ben's Chophouse as planned. All in all, it was delish. I'd say 4 stars out of 5. I ordered a filet, garlic mashed potatoes and two watermelon martinis. Loved the drinks especially.

Then we headed to the Tap, which attracted an average crowd for a Thursday night. Nothing too crazy, but fun, and a welcome departure from an usually stressful week.

What else is going on? I'll probably hang around downtown a bit post-fashion show, barring any humilation from a possible runway casualty.

OK, I'm not even going to kid about that anymore. I'm nervous.

I'll give you guys an update tomorrow. Come watch me at 8 p.m., or at least wish me luck.