Monday, May 7, 2007

never again?


A great weekend overall, but I could have done without the free tequila shot I got at The Uptown Tap. I spent a good portion of Sunday morning regretting that one, and it reminded me of celebrating my 21st birthday back in Ripon, Wisc., where my first shot of the night was a mixture of tequila and Tabasco sauce. Vomit.

Anyway, I chose to celebrate Cinco de Mayo with the $10 downtown bar crawl. All in all, it was a good choice, although the crowds weren't as large as what we saw on St. Patty's Day. The $10 cover got us into six venues, my favorite of which was Oxygen. As much as that club is criticized for its role as downtown's token Miami wannabe, you've gotta love the all-ladies dance floor.

On another note...I've had the new Kelly Clarkson song, "Never Again," in my head all day after hearing it back-to-back on my drive to work this morning. The song has kind of garnered a mixed reaction from fans, but I pretty much love it.

And something else...is it bad that I'm a little happy that "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" star Ty Pennington was arrested Saturday morning on suspicion of being under the influence of alcohol and drugs while driving?

Um, hello. He uses a megaphone on a regular basis. If that's not a warning sign for addiction, what is?